A venue for the local community
Bachelors Walk, Wicklow Town
Wicklow Assembly Hall was built in 1890 by Dublin man Henry Sharpe at a cost of £1,100, the Assembly Hall has been used for many purposes over the century including political meetings, Irish dancing, fund raising etc. The Hall fell into disrepair in the latter half of the twentieth century. The hall was jointly owned by the local churches. Wicklow Town Council purchased the hall and carried out a substantial refurbishment program. The work was completed and the Hall reopened in June 2012. The hall is centrally located on Bachelor’s Walk and there is ample parking available nearby.
This local facility is used by many local groups & societies on a weekly basis and also for several once off events throughout the year.
The hall can be rented by the hour, day or week and some availability remains. To rent the hall or enquire about rates or availability please contact Gerry Dornan at Wicklow Municipal District on 0404-20173 ext 2312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org