Municipal Districts

Living  /  Your Council  /  Municipal Districts  /  Bray  /  Housing Functions

Housing Functions

Details of the functions of Bray Municipal District's housing division, including application forms to download.

Housing counter opening hours

By Appointment only - contact (01) 2744900 or by email at

Housing Applications

Wicklow County Council provides housing for people who are unable to provide accommodation for themselves. Please complete the form below and contact the Housing Office for a Housing Needs Assessment to be carried out. It is important to notify us of any change in your circumstances.

  1. 2014 Application Form for Social Housing Support

    File type .pdf

Housing allocation

Allocation of council houses is made to applicants on the approved waiting list in accordance with the allocation scheme. A Housing Needs Assessment is currently carried out on an annual basis by Wicklow County Council, and failure to complete this assessment form and return within the specified time frame may result in your being removed from the housing list.


Tenants in council houses can apply for a transfer after they have been a tenant for 12 months. Transfers will be considered for the following reasons:

  • To eliminate overcrowding/under-occupancy
  • To satisfy the special needs of individual tenants where possible
  • To make the best use of dwellings


Routine repairs can be requested during normal hours to the Bray Municipal District office:

Phone: (01) 274 4900

Housing maintenance and repairs are logged and handled by the Customer Care Team. Bray Municipal District also operated an after-hours answering service.

Before contacting Bray Municipal District office, tenants should consult the Tenant's Handbook to determine the repairs that they are responsible for themselves.

Tenant Handbook - Repairs (please note there may be changes since the handbook was produced and if unsure please contact your local authority)

Housing rents

A tenant’s weekly rent is determined in accordance with the council's Differential Scheme. In accordance with the council’s Tenancy Agreement you should notify the council of any changes to your household circumstances, for example:

  • A person in your household gets a job
  • A person in your household becomes unemployed
  • Another person joins the household
  • A person in the household starts claiming social welfare
  • There is a death in the household
  • There is a birth in the household

It is important that you notify the council of all persons living in the property.


Residential Tenancies Board

The Residential Tenancies Board (RTB) can be contacted at the address below:

Box 47
Co. Cork

Read more about the RTB

Read more about housing