Water & Waste Water

Living  /  Services  /  Water & Waste Water  /  Water Leaks

Water Leaks

Advice on what to do and who to contact if you discover a water leak.

The responsibility for repairing leaks depends on the location of the leak. Any leak on the consumer side of the connection (boundary box or stopcock) is the responsibility of the consumer. In this case you will have to contact your plumber to fix your leak. The water mains up to the consumer connection is the responsibility of Wicklow County Council and Uisce Éireann.

If you suspect that there is a leak in the public system, contact Uisce Éireann on 1800 278 278 or complete the online form on the Uisce Éireann website.

Please note that at present, Uisce Éireann can only forward information to Wicklow County Council during office hours. Major public water leaks are identified 24 hours a day through automatic systems and alarms. 

Related Websites