Wicklow County Council has introduced a formal complaints procedure.
Any person who feels any of the following may make a complaint:
- They have been unfairly treated by the Council
- A service to which they are entitled is not being provided
- A service that is being provided is inadequate
- A decision made with regard to them is incorrect or did not take into consideration all the facts
- A request for a service or information has been ignored
The areas excluded from this procedure are:
- Formal appeals relating to decisions on planning applications
- Appeals against decisions under the Freedom of Information legislation
Comments or complaints should be set out in writing, on the appropriate form and posted or sent by email to the Senior Executive Officer of the relevant section.
Water and Environmental Services: email@example.com
Planning and Development: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transportation and Roads: email@example.com
Housing and Corporate Estate: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community, Cultural and Social Development: email@example.com
Law Agent: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enterprise and Corporate Services: email@example.com
Information leaflets setting out the procedure for making a complaint or comment and the complainant's rights are available from all public offices of Wicklow County Council.