Baltinglass Municipal District carry out a range of repair and maintenance work to properties owned by Wicklow County Council.
Where a tenant requires works to be carried out, they must call the Housing Department in Wicklow County Council on (0404) 20100, the local Blessington office on (045) 891 222 or Tinahely office on (0402) 38174. All requests are logged and repairs are dealt with in order of priority, with emergency works being carried out before cyclical or routine works. A check on rental compliance will be completed before any repair or maintenance works will be carried out to the property. It is the responsibility of the tenant to ensure that their rent account is up to date and there are no arrears occurring.
Each tenant, on the signing of their tenancy agreement, assumes responsibility for repairs which are non-structural in nature. Some examples of the types of repairs for which the tenant is responsible include:
- Internal repairs to plaster, cupboards, tiles, woodwork and ventilator covers
- Chimney sweeping
- Replacing broken window/door panes
- Locks and handles on windows and doors
- Repair or replacement of exterior fence, boundary wall, gates or sheds
- Replacement of light bulbs, light switches and electric fuses
- Repair or replacement of taps, toilet bowl, ball cock or toilet seat
A full list of exactly what the tenant is responsible for is available in the Wicklow County Council Tenant's Handbook. Should you require a replacement handbook, please contact the Housing Department on (0404) 20100.