Arklow Municipal District Housing Maintenance
Arklow Municipal District Office opening hours for phone and email queries 9.00 to 5.00pm.
Phone: 0402-42700 Email: email@example.com
After-hours emergencies: (01) 291 6117
This number will only be in operation outside normal Wicklow County Council opening hours (including the Christmas and New Year period). This number should only be used to report serious housing repair issue in relation to:
- Gas installation (gas boilers etc)
- Oil installation (oil boilers)
- General plumbing (ie burst water pipes, burst water storage tanks etc)
- Electrical systems (eg major electrical fault)
Calls will be answered by a call centre, which will route the call to an appropriate contractor.
Routine repairs should be reported during normal hours to the Housing Section or Arklow Municipal District Office.
Tenants should consult their Tenants Handbook first as the normal rules around Tenant Responsible Repairs still apply. Some examples of the types of repairs for which the tenant is responsible include:
- Internal repairs to doors, kitchen units, wall and floor tiles, wooden floors and skirting boards.
- External and internal locks and handles on windows and doors.
- Repair and maintenance of exterior fence, boundary wall, gates and sheds.
- Cleaning of gully traps and clearing of blocked house drains.
- Replacement or repair of toilet seat and handles.
- Chimney sweeping.
A full list of exactly what the tenant is responsible for is available in the Wicklow County Council Tenants Handbook.
See link below for Tenants Handbook