Roads & Transport

Living  /  Services  /  Roads & Transport  /  Forms


Abnormal Loads

  • One off (Single outward/ Return Journey)€60
  • Quarterly (with Restrictions) €200
  • Half- Year (with Restrictions) €300
  • Yearly (with Restrictions) €500

 With effect from Monday 16th August, 2021, the applicant must contact TII’s Motorway Traffic Control Centre on email a minimum of 72 hours in advance of the journey, where the load width is greater than 3m, to obtain clearance to travel on the Motorway/ National Dual Carriageway Network.

The Motorway Traffic Control Centre will confirm if any roadworks are planned along the route that will impact the abnormal load journey

Community Involvement Scheme

This scheme relates to public roads only. 

This scheme encourages a joint approach between the Council and groups of local residents and landowners for the restoration of roads, mainly local or cul de sac roads. The CIS will be based on community contributions, details of which are contained in the application form.

Local Improvement Scheme

This scheme relates to private roads only.  

Eligible projects are those which provide access to parcels of land of which at least two are owned or occupied by different persons engaged in separate agricultural activities, or provides access for harvesting purposes (including turf or seaweed) for two or more persons or shall in the opinion of the county council be used by the public.
The following projects do not comply with the conditions of the Scheme:-

a)    roads serving only houses or buildings occupied or used by persons not engaged in agriculture. 

b)    roads serving only Local Authority cottages, i.e. non-vested cottages.

c)    roads or drains on bogs being developed commercially for large scale turf production for sale.

d)    drainage only works

e)    A road leading to commercial enterprises.

The scale of residents’ contribution ranges from 10% to 15%.  There is a cap of €1,200 on the amount that any individual householder or landowner will be asked to contribute towards the cost of repairs.
 The work must be for the joint benefit of two or more adjoining farms, and the benefit to be derived must be reasonably commensurate with the cost.

Roads and Services in Charge

If you need a letter stating that roads and services are in the charge of Wicklow County Council you should write to the Council’s Roads Department, County Buildings, Wicklow

(a) €60 fee made payable to Wicklow County Council
(b) A legible Ordnance Survey or Land Registry Map with the site/ property outlined on the map in colour and the road abutting the property highlighted or marked ‘X’ to ‘Y’.

Please provide a site location Map to a scale of 1:10560 or similar to assist in locating the property. (i.e. a Map showing the property in question in relation to the nearest landmark, Village or Town)

All requests in the Bray Municipal District Area should be addressed to Bray Municipal District, Bray, Co Wicklow

Road Closure 

The application must be submitted to Wicklow County Council, County Buildings, Wicklow, or to a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the proposed road closure. 

A map or detailed sketch of the road(s) should be submitted with the application, copy of public liability insurance and a traffic management plan. 

Road Opening Licence

MapRoad Licensing is the national system for the management and processing of roadworks licence applications.  



Related Documents

List of related documents

  1. Local Area Hackney Application Form

    File type .pdf