In accordance with Part XI of the Planning & Development Act 2000, as amended, and Part 8, Article 81, of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001, as amended, Wicklow County Council hereby gives notice of its intention to undertake development at Wicklow County Campus, Rathnew.
The proposed development to create an Enterprise Hub will consist of;
- Alteration and refurbishment of the courtyard cottages and conversion to office use. Alterations include formation of additional window openings and enclosing the carriage arch to create a new stairwell.
- Upgrading of the courtyard storage outbuildings including re-slating and improvements to the roof structure.
- Demolition of redundant farm outbuildings to the north of the courtyard to facilitate construction of new 2 storey office building with main entrance to the Enterprise Hub, roof mounted PV solar array and link element to the refurbished courtyard offices.
- Associated services, set-down bay, accessible car parking, e-car charging posts, hard and soft landscaping.
- Refurbishment of section of former dormitory 2nd floor level of the school block and conversion to office use.
- Alterations and refurbishment of former school chapel and conversion to conference centre.
- New foul effluent pumping station to serve Wicklow County Campus with rising main to the public sewer.
Clermont House including the later half-octagon wings, the chapel and the school block of 1950 is included in the Record of Protected Structures for County Wicklow, RPS Ref. 25-13.
The development has been the subject of an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and the Planning and Development Acts 2000 - 2016. The Appropriate Assessment Screening Statement concluded that the proposed development would not be likely to give rise to significant or indeterminate impacts on any Natura 2000 site.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development are available for inspection, or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at the offices of Wicklow County Council, Station Road, Wicklow Town and at the offices of Wicklow Municipal District, Town Hall, Market Square, Wicklow Town during opening hours between 9.00 a.m. and
3.30 p.m. Monday to Friday excluding weekends, and Bank Holidays, from 27th November, 2019 to 2nd January, 2020.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated, may be made in writing to Ms. Christine Flood, Enterprise and Corporate Services, Wicklow County Buildings, Wicklow or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive no later than 4.00 p.m. on 16th January 2020 All submissions or observations should be clearly marked ‘Proposed development at Wicklow County Campus, Rathnew, Part 8’