Wicklow County Council intends to commence the review of the Wicklow County Development Plan in October 2014. Click for more details
Draft Wicklow CDP 2016 - 2022
Wicklow County Council will again be grant aiding the planting of trees by Tidy Towns, Residents and Community Groups in 2014.
Celebrate National Heritage Week 2014 in County Wicklow 23rd to 31st August. Click on the event guide to plan your visits and visit www.heritageweek.ie for more details.
2 Temporary Executive Librarian Posts (1 year fixed Term) Ref 15.2014
Applications are invited for the above positions on the staff of Wicklow County Council from suitably qualified candidates.
Wicklow County Council wish to advise motorists that Traffic Management will be in place on the R761 at Killincarrig Roundabouts, on Tuesday 26th August from 8am until 6pm daily for approx. 6 weeks to facilitate roadworks.
A Traffic Management system will be in operation for the duration of the works.
Wicklow County Council intends to commence the review of the Wicklow County Development Plan in October 2014. The Council proposes to appoint Town Planning / Environmental Consultants to carry out Strategic Environmental Assessment and Appropriate Assessment of the plan. Tenders are currently being sought. The closing date of receipt of tenders is 5 pm on Friday 29 August 2014.
To facilitate construction of the new N11 dual carriageway between Arklow and Rathnew, traffic will be diverted off the existing N11 carriageway at Kilmurray, effective from Tuesday morning, 12th August 2014 . The area of the N11 affected is located approximately half way between the Jack White’s and Lil Doyle’s crossroads (red on sketch).
Local Property Tax Consultation
The elected members of Wicklow County Council will consider the feedback received from this public consultation as part of the decision-making process. The Chief Executive will provide a summary of the written submissions received in a report to the elected members.
Section 32 of the Act places -
Please note that from 1st June, 2014 Arklow Town Council, Bray Town Council and Wicklow Town Council and their respective jurisdictions will be dissolved and will cease to exist. The planning functions of these Town Councils will then be subsumed by Wicklow County Council.
Watermains Network Rehabilitation: Contract 1.
(Works in Rathdrum, Arklow, Strattford, Dunlavin & Laragh)
What’s being done?
Wicklow County Council, working in partnership with Irish Water, has committed to conserving water and creating an effective water network by replacing the County’s ageing and leaking watermains.
Irish Water is the new national water utility and is now responsible for managing the delivery of water services to home and businesses in Ireland. For further information or to report an issue with:
- Water Supply
- Water Quality
Please contact Irish Water
Tel: 1890 278 278 (LoCall)
Minicon: 1890 378 378 ( For hearing impaired customers with minicon equipment)
Postal Address: Irish Water, PO Box 860, South City Delivery Office, Cork City
Please continue to contact Wicklow County Council for information or issues relating to business account queries, surface water drainage and flood management.
Boil Notices currently in effect:
Boil Water Notice - Ballysallagh Well Water Supply (Exempted)
Wicklow County Council wishes to advise consumers that the water from the Ballysallagh Well Water Supply (Exempted) must be boiled prior to use.
You are advised:-
- Boil all water for consumption Bring water to a vigorous boil and allow to cool. Cover and store in a refrigerator or cold place. Water from the hot tap is not safe to drink.
- Use clean containers when storing boiled water.
- Discard all ice cubes. Make ice from cooled boiled water.
- Boil all water for hygiene and first aid use including brushing teeth, cleaning wounds, making medicine, sterilising babies bottles.
- Use cooled boiled water when preparing food that will not be cooked e.g. salads, fruit, or mixing cold sweets/desserts.
- Prepare babies feeds with water brought to the boil once and cooled. Do not use water that has been re-boiled several times. Boiled tap water is preferred for the preparation of babies feeds rather than bottled water labelled “Natural Mineral Water” as this may contain higher concentrations of some minerals (e.g. Sodium, Nitrate), than is recommended for infant feeding.
- Use hot tap water and washing up liquid to clean surfaces, dishes and other utensils.
- Do not use dishwashers, as the water may not get hot enough.
- It is safe to use tap water, which has not been boiled for baths/showers, general cleaning, flushing toilets and washing clothes.
This instruction must be complied with until further notice.
A/Senior Executive Officer,
Water and Environmental Services,
Wicklow County Council
Tel: 0404 20236 Email: email@example.com
28th August 2013
ePlan is the internet enquiries front end to the iPlan Planning Administration system.
Please note that ePlan doesn't work correctly with Internet Explorer 10
gPlan is an Internet GIS enquiry system to enable the public to view the locations of planning applications via a map and to enquire about the details.
Check the Register
Are You on the Electoral Register Correctly? Click here to check the register
Wicklow Library Online Catalogue
View online databases, newspapers, view your library account, renew items etc using your library number and pin. Click here to login
Motor Tax Online is a secure service provided by the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport and Ireland's local authorities. Click here to pay your motortax
Fix Your Street
fixyourstreet.ie now covers all of Ireland. We're in beta, which means that while functional, the service continues to be worked on and improved. If you should come across something that doesn't work as expected, then don't hesitate to get in touch through the email firstname.lastname@example.org