This is your chance to nominate for recognition anyone or any group you believe is deserving of a County Wicklow People of the Year Award.
Application forms can also be found in this week's Wicklow People newspaper.
Local Property Tax Consultation
Public participation in the identification of ‘Bathing Waters’ under The Bathing Waters Directive 2006/7 EC of 15th February 2006 and The Bathing Water Quality Regulations SI 79 Of 2008
Wicklow County Council is inviting public participation in the identification of Bathing Waters under the Bathing Waters Directive and the Bathing Water Quality Regulations 2008 (SI No 79 of 2008).
A meeting of the Greystones Municipal District will be held in the Council Chamber, Mill Road, Greystones on Tuesday 29th July 2014 at 7.30 p.m.
Variation No.5(ii) to the Wicklow County Development Plan 2010 - 2016
Adopted Monday the 7th of July 2014
Notice is hereby given that Wicklow County Council has considered a draft Strategic Policy Scheme and has issued the draft scheme for consultation.
Section 32 of the Act places -
Watermains Network Rehabilitation: Contract 1.
(Works in Rathdrum, Arklow, Strattford, Dunlavin & Laragh)
What’s being done?
Wicklow County Council, working in partnership with Irish Water, has committed to conserving water and creating an effective water network by replacing the County’s ageing and leaking watermains.
Irish Water is the new national water utility and is now responsible for managing the delivery of water services to home and businesses in Ireland. For further information or to report an issue with:
- Water Supply
- Water Quality
Please contact Irish Water
Tel: 1890 278 278 (LoCall)
Minicon: 1890 378 378 ( For hearing impaired customers with minicon equipment)
Postal Address: Irish Water, PO Box 860, South City Delivery Office, Cork City
Please continue to contact Wicklow County Council for information or issues relating to business account queries, surface water drainage and flood management.
Boil Notices currently in effect:
Boil Water Notice - Ballysallagh Well Water Supply (Exempted)
Wicklow County Council wishes to advise consumers that the water from the Ballysallagh Well Water Supply (Exempted) must be boiled prior to use.
You are advised:-
- Boil all water for consumption Bring water to a vigorous boil and allow to cool. Cover and store in a refrigerator or cold place. Water from the hot tap is not safe to drink.
- Use clean containers when storing boiled water.
- Discard all ice cubes. Make ice from cooled boiled water.
- Boil all water for hygiene and first aid use including brushing teeth, cleaning wounds, making medicine, sterilising babies bottles.
- Use cooled boiled water when preparing food that will not be cooked e.g. salads, fruit, or mixing cold sweets/desserts.
- Prepare babies feeds with water brought to the boil once and cooled. Do not use water that has been re-boiled several times. Boiled tap water is preferred for the preparation of babies feeds rather than bottled water labelled “Natural Mineral Water” as this may contain higher concentrations of some minerals (e.g. Sodium, Nitrate), than is recommended for infant feeding.
- Use hot tap water and washing up liquid to clean surfaces, dishes and other utensils.
- Do not use dishwashers, as the water may not get hot enough.
- It is safe to use tap water, which has not been boiled for baths/showers, general cleaning, flushing toilets and washing clothes.
This instruction must be complied with until further notice.
A/Senior Executive Officer,
Water and Environmental Services,
Wicklow County Council
Tel: 0404 20236 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
28th August 2013
ePlan is the internet enquiries front end to the iPlan Planning Administration system.
Please note that ePlan doesn't work correctly with Internet Explorer 10
gPlan is an Internet GIS enquiry system to enable the public to view the locations of planning applications via a map and to enquire about the details.
Check the Register
Are You on the Electoral Register Correctly? Click here to check the register
Wicklow Library Online Catalogue
View online databases, newspapers, view your library account, renew items etc using your library number and pin. Click here to login
Motor Tax Online is a secure service provided by the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport and Ireland's local authorities. Click here to pay your motortax
Fix Your Street
fixyourstreet.ie now covers all of Ireland. We're in beta, which means that while functional, the service continues to be worked on and improved. If you should come across something that doesn't work as expected, then don't hesitate to get in touch through the email email@example.com