PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENTS ACTS 2000 (AS AMENDED) & PLANNING & DEVELOPMENTS REGULATIONS 2001 (AS AMENDED) NOTICE OF THE PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT
Killincarrig Village Improvement Scheme
Pursuant to the provisions of Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations, 2001 Wicklow County Council has given notice of its intention to carry out works to improve the safety of all road users, particularly the vulnerable road user, along the R761 Lower Kindlestown Road through the village of Killincarrig. The scheme will provide enhanced pedestrian and cyclist facilities as well as calmed traffic speeds. The scheme includes the following main elements:
- A signalised junction at intersection of the R761 Lower Kindlestown Road with the L5222 Castle Villas and related pedestrian crossing facilities.
- A new footpath along the east side of the R761 Lower Kindlestown Road to link the isolated properties on the north west end of the village.
- A new zebra crossing on the R761 Lower Kindlestown Road at the northern side of the village to provide a crossing point near to the pedestrian route to Greystones town centre.
- Improved junction Layouts to existing junctions along the R761 as well as the Castle Villas/Carrig Villas junction.
- Improved footpath facilities.
- A cycle climbing lane on the R761 Lower Kindlestown Road northbound from the Killincarrig Cross roundabouts.
- Realignment of road carriageway.
In accordance with article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), Wicklow County Council has concluded from a preliminary examination pursuant to the provisions of article 120(1)(b)(i) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended) that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and that an Environmental Impact Assessment Report is not required.
Where any person considers that the proposed development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment, he or she may, at any time before the expiration of 4 weeks beginning on the date of publication of this notice, apply in accordance with the provisions of article 120 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have such effects.
Plans and particulars of the proposed developments are available for inspection or purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at the reception floor of Wicklow County Council, Station Road, Wicklow and Greystones Municipal District Office, Mill Road, Greystones, Co. Wicklow, during opening hours Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays, for a period between Thursday 8th December 2022 and Monday 16th January 2023.
Submissions and observations with respect to the proposed developments and dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area, can be made below or in writing to the undersigned clearly marked ‘Killincarrig Village Improvement Scheme’.
All submissions must be received on or before 12 noon Monday 30th January 2023.
‘Killincarrig Village Improvement Scheme’
FAO Senior Executive Officer
Transportation, Roads and Emergency Services
Wicklow, Co. Wicklow
Dated: Wednesday 7th December