Following a period of public consultation, in which over 250 submissions were considered, Wicklow County Council have now updated Bye-Laws in relation to Parking countywide. The towns covered by these byelaws include Bray, Greystones, Wicklow & Arklow.
Wicklow Co Co Parking Bye-Laws 2017 were adopted by Wicklow County Council members at a meeting held on 12th June 2017 and come into effect on Monday 28th August 2017.
A copy of the Wicklow Co Co Parking Bye-Laws 2017 are available for inspection, during office hours, at the public counter at the following locations:
- Roads & Transportation Services Section, County Building, Wicklow
- Bray Municipal District Offices, Bray
- Greystones Municipal District Offices, Greystones
- Arklow Municipal District Offices, Arklow
Some of the benefits & changes included in the Byelaws :
- 15 Minute grace parking at commencement of parking in all areas – this will greatly facilitate all users and allow ample time to obtain requisite parking ticket from nearby machines. This will also hopefully accommodate quick stops at local shops and businesses and facilitate members of the public at school drop offs etc.
- Pay Parking times now commence at 10am in areas of Greystones, Wicklow & Arklow. Bray town remains unchanged
- Wicklow Town – Reduction of daily charge to 50c per day at Murrough Car Park and additional pay parking at areas in St. Dominicks Rd. & Monkton Row
- Arklow Town – All day parking now available at Castle Park and also River walk
Members of the public are reminded that these Wicklow Co Co Parking Bye-Laws 2017 will come into effect from 31/8/17 only and current guidelines and regulations in relation to parking remain in place until that date.
The assistance of all members of the public in compliance with Wicklow Co Co Parking Bye-Laws 2017 is appreciated.