Wicklow County Council
Notice of the preparation of the Draft County Development Plan 2021-2027
Notice is hereby given, that Wicklow County Council has, pursuant to Section 12 of the Planning & Development Act 2000 (as amended), and Article 13 of the Planning & Development [Strategic Environmental Assessment] Regulations 2004 (as amended), prepared a Draft County Development Plan for the period 2021-2027.
The Draft Plan comprises a Written Statement and Appendices, and is accompanied by:
- an Environmental Report, prepared in accordance with the Planning & Development [Strategic Environmental Assessment] Regulations 2004 (as amended) on the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the Draft Plan pursuant to the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 (as amended)
- a Habitats Directive Appropriate Assessment, pursuant to Article 6 of the Habitats Directive 92/43/EEC
- a Strategic Flood Risk Assessment – pursuant to Section 28 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended).
The Draft Plan includes proposals to make additions, deletions and amendments to the Record of Protected Structures and in accordance with Section 12 (3) of the Planning Act, the Planning Authority shall serve on each person who is the owner or occupier of the proposed protected structure or the protected structure, as the case may be, a notice of the proposed addition, deletion or amendment, including the particulars.
Display of Draft Plan
The Draft Plan and associated documents (including a copy of the proposed additions / deletions / amendments to the Record of Protected Structures) will be available to view and download from the Council’s website consult.wicklow.ie from Friday 04 June 2021 to Monday 30 August 2021.
Printed copies will be on display at the following locations from Friday 04 June 2021 to Monday 30 August 2021:
- Wicklow Town Wicklow County Council, County Buildings, Station Road, Wicklow Town
- Arklow Arklow Municipal District Office, Castle Park, Arklow Town
- Blessington Blessington Civic Offices, Blessington Business Park, Blessington
- Bray Bray Municipal District Office, Civic Offices, Main Street, Bray
- Greystones Greystones Municipal District Office, Mill Road, Greystones
Please check the Council’s website or call 0404 20100 for arrangements to access to these buildings as appointments may be necessary having regard to prevailing Covid-19 precautions.
Hard copies of the Draft Plan [written statement, including appendices, environmental report and maps] will be available to purchase only on request (please call 0404 20100).
Making a submission
Submissions or observations regarding the Draft Plan, the associated Environmental Reports and the proposed additions / deletions / amendments to the Record of Protected Structures are hereby invited from the public and interested bodies. Children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are entitled to make submissions or observations. All written submissions or observations will be duly considered by the Planning Authority and taken into consideration before the making of the plan and the making of the proposed additions / deletions / amendments to the Record of Protected Structures.
Submissions may be made in one of the following ways:
- Via the Consultation Portal consult.wicklow.ie
- Write to: County Development Plan Review, Planning Department, Wicklow County Council, Station Road, Wicklow Town
Email submissions will not be accepted.
Closing date for submissions: 5:00pm Monday 30 August 2021
- You are strongly advised to make your submission as early as possible.
- All submissions are to be clearly marked with ‘Wicklow County Development Plan.
- All submissions should include your name and a contact address, a map (where appropriate) and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent.
- Please make your submission by one medium only, i.e. via the portal or hard copy.
- All submissions will form a part of the statutory Chief Executive’s report to be presented to the elected members of Wicklow County Council.
- Please be advised that all submissions received will be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning Act. You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement. Please be advised that the name of the person(s)/group(s) who made the submission will be published, but personal data will be redacted.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
Wicklow Local Authorities are committed to Access For All. All of the above documents are available in alternative format on request. Please contact Wicklow County Council on 0404-20100 should you have any specific access requirements.