SICAP addresses high and persistent levels of deprivation through targeted and innovative, locally-led approaches. It supports disadvantaged communities and individuals including unemployed people, people living in deprived areas, people with disabilities, single parent families, people on a low income, members of the Traveller and Roma community and other disadvantaged groups.
The programme is managed at a local level by 33 Local Community Development Committees (LCDCs), with support from local authorities, and actions are delivered by Local Development Companies (LDCs).
SICAP in Wicklow:
In Co. Wicklow, these bodies are represented by the Wicklow LCDC, Wicklow County Council and the two Local Development Companies of Bray Area Partnership and Co. Wicklow Partnership.
The LDCs work with marginalised communities and service providers using a community development approach to improve people’s lives. For example, helping people to find work or to upskill, providing CV training or a personal development course, helping them onto a work placement programme such as CE or Tύs.
You can find out more about SICAP by watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4dzyQriKGs&t=6s
SICAP target groups:
· Disadvantaged children and families
· Disadvantaged young people (aged 15-24)
· Disadvantaged women
· Lone parents
· Low income workers/households
· New communities, including refugees and asylum seekers
· People living in disadvantaged communities
· People with disabilities
· Those disengaged from the labour market (economically inactive)
· Substance misusers
Following a competitive tendering process, Wicklow LCDC contracted the following two organisations to implement the programme from 2018-2022. These are referred to as Local Development Companies (LDCs):
· Bray Area Partnership (in conjunction with Little Bray Family Resource & Development Centre and Bray Community Enterprise) operates the programme in the Bray & Greystones MD Areas (referred to as Lot 15-1)
See www.brayareapartnership.ie for more information
· County Wicklow Partnership operates the programme in the Wicklow, Arklow & Baltinglass MD Areas (referred to as Lot 15-2)
See www.countywicklowpartnership.ie for more information