Social Inclusion & Community Activation Programme (SICAP) is a national government-funded social inclusion initiative that aims to tackle poverty, social exclusion and long-term unemployment through local engagement and partnership between disadvantaged individuals, community organisations and public sector agencies.
SICAP target groups:
- Disadvantaged children and families
- Disadvantaged young people (aged 15-24)
- Disadvantaged women
- Lone parents
- Low income workers/households
- New communities, including refugees and asylum seekers
- People living in disadvantaged communities
- People with disabilities
- Those disengaged from the labour market (economically inactive)
- Substance misusers
The Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) is the contract holder in each local authority area.
Following a competitive tendering process, Wicklow LCDC contracted the following two organisations to implement the programme from 2015-2017. These are referred to as Programme Implementers (PIs):
- Bray Area Partnership (in conjunction with Little Bray Family Resource & Development Centre and Bray Community Enterprise) operates the programme in the Bray & Greystones MD Areas (referred to as Lot 15-1)
- County Wicklow Partnership operates the programme in the Wicklow, Arklow & Baltinglass MD Areas (referred to as Lot 15-2)
Initial responsibility for the monitoring of the work carried out by the PIs has been delegated by the LCDC to its SICAP sub-group. The sub-group then reports back to the LCDC on progress to date.
|County Wicklow Partnership
Avoca River House
|Phone: (0402) 20955
|Bray Area Partnership
||4 Prince of Wales Terrace
|Phone: (01) 286 8266