Wicklow County Council has been charged with administering the Restart Grant Plus on behalf of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment. The Restart Grant Plus is a key part of the government’s July Stimulus package, a €7.4bn package of measures designed to stimulate a jobs-led recovery and build economic confidence while continuing to manage the impact of Covid-19.
Key changes to the Restart Grant Plus Scheme are as follows:
- €300m additional funding in addition to €250m previously committed
- Grant amount has increased substantially. Minimum grant is now €4,000 and maximum is €25,000. Previous grant amounts were €2,000 and €10,000 respectively
- Medium sized companies now eligible Companies with up to 250 employees can now apply (previously the grant was for companies with less than 50 employees
- Increased eligibility Non-rateable B&Bs, sports clubs with commercial activities and trading charity shops are now eligible
To qualify for the Restart Grant Plus, the important criteria are:
- A business must be commercial and in the local authority rates system (apart from non-rateable B&Bs who can apply to Fáilte Ireland);
- It must have suffered a 25% loss of expected turnover between 1 April and 30 June 2020;
- It must have less than 250 employees and turnover less than €25m;
It must declare its intention to re-employ staff in receipt of the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme
- Businesses that have been approved for a grant under the Original Restart Scheme can apply again for a 2nd grant by submitting a separate Declaration Form which will be made available shortly by Wicklow County Council. These businesses should not submit a new on-line application here.
Further details on the Restart Grant via a Frequently Asked Questions document is available below. If you have any queries, please contact us using either of the following contact methods:
Tel: 0404 20128
To apply for the Restart Grant Plus please fill out the form below.