In accordance with Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act, 1994, Wicklow County Council is proposing a number of measures to improve the safety of all road users, particularly the vulnerable road user, along the R761 Lower Kindlestown Road through the village of Killincarrig. The scheme will provide enhanced pedestrian and cyclist facilities as well as calmed traffic speeds.
The scheme includes the following main elements:
- A signalised junction at intersection of the R761 Lower Kindlestown Road with the L5222 Castle Villas and related pedestrian crossing facilities.
- A new footpath along the east side of the R761 Lower Kindlestown Road to link the isolated properties on the north west end of the village.
- A new zebra crossing on the R761 Lower Kindlestown Road at the northern side of the village to provide a crossing point near to the pedestrian route to Greystones town centre.
- Improved junction Layouts to existing junctions along the R761 as well as the Castle Villas/Carrig Villas junction
- Improved footpath facilities
- A cycle climbing lane on the R761 Lower Kindlestown Road northbound from the Killincarrig Cross roundabouts.
- A standard road carriageway width along the R761 Lower Kindlestown Road
Wicklow County Council wishes to invite the public to make comment on the proposed Killincarrig Village Improvement Scheme; comments and observations can be made in writing by email or letter to the addresses below or online on the form below. Please mark your submission Killincarrig Village Improvement Scheme. The closing deadline for the receipt of submissions is 5pm on Friday the 19/06/2020
Greystones Municipal District Office, Mill Road, Greystones, Co. Wicklow, A63 TX86