In accordance with provisions of PART XI of the Planning Acts 2000 (as amended) and Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), notice is hereby given that Wicklow County Council proposes :
Carrying out works to The Square, which includes protected structure 03-21, and Fair Green, Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow. The works shall consist of the following:
· Close south side of the Town Clock to vehicle traffic except for emergency access controlled by demountable bollards.
· Provide a new enhanced pedestrianised paved area on the south side of the Town Clock, new footpath around the Town Clock and wider paths around the square.
· Provide raised level access courtesy pedestrian crossing points
· Provide additional street furniture including benches, planters and bicycle stands and amendments to existing street signs
· Create a bus bay west bound at the Parochial Hall to replace existing stop on the east side of the square.
· Alterations to parking including a new disabled access and an age friendly parking bay beside the Parochial Hall, new loading bay on Church Hill and reduced number of general parking spaces.
· Remedial work to the Town Clock and associated monument features and include for up-lighting of monument
· Create a Community Garden at the Fair Green
In accordance with Article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001-2018, Wicklow County Council had concluded from a preliminary examination pursuant to the provisions of article 120(1)(b)(i) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001-2018 that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and that an Environmental Impact Assessment is not required.
Where any person considers that the proposed development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment, he or she may, at any time before the 6th May 2021, apply in accordance with the provisions of Article 120 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001-2018, to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have such effects.
In accordance with the provisions of article 250 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 to 2019, Wicklow County Council has carried out a screening of the proposed development to assess, in view of best scientific knowledge, if the development, individually or in combination with other plans or projects, would be likely to have a significant effect on a European site. Accordingly, Wicklow County Council has determined that the proposed development would not be likely to have a significant effect on a European site.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development may be inspected or purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, at Wicklow County Council, Council Buildings, Wicklow Town, Co. Wicklow during the hours from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2:00pm to 4:00pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays and Bray Municipal District Offices, Civic Offices, Main Street, Bray, Co. Wicklow, during opening hours from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 2:00pm to 4:00pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays (both by appointment only) for a period between Wednesday 24th March 2021 to Thursday 6th May 2021.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable developments of the area in which the developments would be situated may be made in writing to the District Administrator, Municipal District of Bray, Civic Offices, Bray, Co. Wicklow on or before noon Friday 28th May 2021. Submissions and Observations should be clearly marked ‘Enniskerry Village Renewal – Part 8’. Submissions may also be made by email via the following address: email@example.com
Further information generally is available by contacting the Municipal District of Bray directly on 01 274 4900. Details of the Part 8 process will also be available on www.wicklow.ie