A computerised weigh docket is required in the following circumstances:
- When taxing a goods vehicle for the first time
- Where there has been a change in the unladen weight of the vehicle or if no unladen weight is recorded for the vehicle. This usually happens when an alteration is made to the vehicle since its registration with the Revenue Commissioners
- When a new or imported used goods vehicle is being taxed for the first time
- Where there is a change of ownership since last taxed
- Where the weight of the vehicle has changed since the vehicle was last taxed, a weigh docket will be required when renewing the tax
- Where the Motor Taxation Office is not satisfied that a goods vehicle is taxed correctly or at the correct rate
Please note that if your vehicle requires a weight docket you will need to have it weighed at an authorised weighbridge.
A goods-only declaration form RF111A is required in the following circumstances:
- In the case of a new light goods vehicle taxed for the first time
- In the case of a new owner taxing the vehicle as a light goods vehicle in his/her name for the first time
A goods-only declaration is required where a vehicle is taxed at the goods rate and the design gross vehicle weight does not exceed 3,500kg.
Please note that in accordance with legislation and regulations, the Motor Taxation Section reserves the right to request any documentation necessary to assess an application.