Wicklow County Council and the National Transport Authority are considering a new greenway and connectivity scheme along the Swan River in Bray’s greater Oldcourt neighbourhood (see the study area map below).
The scheme would aim to improve connections for pedestrians and cyclists in the Oldcourt area through a new green route along the nature and heritage rich Swan River. The route would provide active transport options and green space access for local residents, while better connecting local neighbourhoods to schools, shops and amenities.
In the interest of designing a high quality scheme that is informed by local knowledge, concerns and ideas, we are launching a thorough community engagement programme in this early design stage of the project to help us consider various aspects of the greenway proposal with the local community.
Join the Discussion!
The community engagement programme includes three elements:
- An initial series of meetings with key local groups and organisations,
- Surveys for adults and youth in the community, and
- A workshop programme, with online and in-person options!
Please complete the adult and youth community survey through this link https://form.jotform.com/213044710517042 by the 13th of December. Hard copies of the survey can also be found at Wolfe Tone Youth Club & Community Centre and Ballywaltrim Community Centre Library.
Please also register for either the online or in-person community workshop to learn about and discuss the project on the above survey hyperlink.
● The Online Workshop will be held on Tuesday December 7th at 6:30pm on Zoom.
● The In-Person Workshop has been cancelled on Saturday December 11th at the Wolfe Tone Youth Club, due to Covid Risk