WE’RE MAKING SOME CHANGES…
Public Libraries in Ireland are working together to create one joint library catalogue, using a shared computer system.
In this phase of the project, Wicklow Libraries, along with other library services around the country, are introducing this new computer system and making some changes which will help us provide a better service to library users.
- It will be easier to search and request items, and get recommendations, using the new shared library catalogue.
- You will have a much wider range of books and other items to choose from.
- You can borrow a maximum of 12 items (including DVDs) for 3 weeks from any branch of the participating public libraries.*
- You can reserve up to 12 items at no charge.
- You can return your books and DVDs to any branch of the participating library services.*
- We will send you a reminder, by email, to let you know that your books and DVDs are due back, that items you requested are ready for collection, and to let you know about library events.
- You can reserve and renew books and other items 24/7 using our online service.
- You will be charged a fine of five cent (€0.05) per day per item not returned or renewed on time.
- You won’t need to get a new library card but we ask you to bring your card with you each time you visit the library – this will help you get the most out of our new system
- There may be some teething problems as we introduce our new computer system and make these changes – please bear with us!
*The library services are Clare, Donegal, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Limerick, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Tipperary, Waterford, Wexford and Wicklow,
Summer Stars reading program starting soon...
Registration from Monday, 27th June 2016. For more information on this years reading program Summer Stars click here.